Creamy Shahi Tofu Curry
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
This recipe will make 2 servings.
- 2 medium sized fresh tomatoes (approx. 200 grams)
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 7 cashews (don't want nuts? Substitute with 1 teaspoon of corn flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Dad's Special Spice Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (adds vibrant color and is great for your health)
- 300 grams firm tofu
- Wrap the block of tofu with a clean tea towel, then place it on a large plate with a lip. Put a heavy item, such as a frying pan, on top of the wrapped tofu. Weigh down the pan further with cans and jars. Leave weight on for 30 minutes.
- Chop 2 tomatoes into cubes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cashews to a pot on high heat. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour contents of pot into a blender. Add tomato paste and blend until smooth.
- Pour puree from blender cup back into pot and add salt, water, Dad's Special Spice Mix, and turmeric powder.
- Stir puree in pot as you bring it to a boil.
- Cut tofu into large cubes and add to the beautiful curry in your pot. Give it a stir and it's ready to serve!
Enjoy this curry with a side of rice or roti (Indian flatbreads)!