Chole (Indian Chickpea Curry)
Cook Time: 40 minutes
This recipe will make 2 servings.
- 1 cup soaked white chickpeas
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Dad's Special Spice Mix
- To soak your chickpeas, fully submerge the chickpeas in water and let sit overnight (approx. 7 hours).
- Rinse the soaked chickpeas and cook them in a pressure cooker for 25 minutes (ensure the chickpeas are fully covered with water while cooking them in a pressure cooker). Alternatively, to cook the chickpeas without a pressure cooker, boil them in a pot for 1 hour.
- While the chickpeas are cooking, finely dice the tomatoes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and salt to a pot, and cook them on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, Dad's Special Spice Mix and water to the cooked tomatoes.
- Let all the flavors melt in together and simmer for 10 minutes.
Enjoy this protein rich meal on its own, with bread or rice!